Monday, September 5, 2011

Camping Trip

I just got back from an invigorating day of camping.  It was nice--though I did have a wee temper tantrum when I figured out that I would be completely isolated from lightbulbs and mullets.  But it turned out to be okay, I had a great time--even without my two favorite things!

Well, like I said it was really nice.  We started off with a good ol' family boat ride.  All of 45 of us clambered onto the little paddle boat and we were off!!  That was pretty fun. 

Next we decided, after our little swim, to get some REAL exercise.  Soo..we went on a bike ride.  The paths were tough and sometimes a bit steep, but we all, even down to the 7 month old, managed to keep together.  Let me tell you: it was pretty physical and intense.


After that we decided to have a camp fire before hitting the hay.  It was a very pleasant fire, and everyone laughed and held hands and roasted marshmallows (YES!!It is spelled "mallow" not "mellow") and sang camp songs...It was such a beautiful moment. Until the campground people asked us to leave.  I think they were saying something about our fire getting out of control or something, idiots...


SO! Finally, after tossing a little bit of water on the fire (and a whole lot of begging...and money), we were allowed to stay.  Since they told us that we weren't allowed to get into anymore shenanigans (segways are prohibited there for some reason...and that paddleboat? They mysteriously lost it...with our name on the rental list), we decided to go straight to bed.  It was such a nice night.  The breeze was sweet, the crickets chirped cheerfully, and only three people wet the bed on me!!  And what a beautiful morning!  It was as if the sun personally greeted us and welcomed is into the new day! Plus we saw some wildlife--so we were spared the expense of our annual zoo visit. The double whammy!!



Yep, to sum it up, I'd say that all-in-all, it was an insanely fantastic family vacay..
Sorry, no poetry today, but I'm pooped from the camping trip, and school tomorrow.  Happy Labor Day!

flabio<3
EyeballsRisingFromMist

No comments:

Post a Comment